CJ’s favorite books on grief
- The Smell of Rain on Dust, by Martin Prechtel; gorgeously poetic and spiritually powerful discussion of grief and its healing power.
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow, by Francis Weller. A lyrical handbook for mastering the transformational art of grieving, by psychotherapist Francis Weller.
- Refuge by dear friend and mentor Terry Tempest Williams. Terry is a national treasure and amazing teacher/speaker. Here is her website: http://coyoteclan.com
Resources on Meditation/Mindfulness
- Joanna Macy’s books World as Lover, World as Self; and Active Hope. Joanna is one of the leading teachers and scholars of Buddhism in North America. She has been one of CJ’s primary teachers, spiritual guides, and inspirations for more than a decade.
…and a beautiful Joanna Macy interview with Krista Tippet: https://onbeing.org/programs/joanna-macy-a-wild-love-for-the-world/
- Leading mindfulness teacher Joseph Goldstein’s amazing dharma talks; worth listening to again and again: https://www.dharma.org/joseph-goldstein/
…and his podcasts: https://beherenownetwork.com/category/joseph-goldstein/
…and we recommend his book One Dharma.
- Jack Kornfield’s powerful work and books, all worth reading: https://jackkornfield.com